I'll never forget the day I saw my flat for the first time. The big day was on Saturday and the news about the possibility to see the flat was received on the previous day. I remember having a thrilling anad restless night - just like before going abroad. I couldn't stop imagining how everything could look like: colors, curtains, furniture...Although I knew I shouldn't cherish too big hopes, I could not stop dreaming about it. I had got so tired of sharing a flat with strange people and packing my belongings for ten times already to move to different places. Once and for all I felt I had deserved to live on my own.
As I had reached the flat, I had to leave my dreams behind and get ready to face the reality. My first steps inside my imaginary palace became staggering and my face acquired a dazed expression. I was surrounded by a shabby and vacant place... the place, which I soon started to call my home.
***
It's a bit ironic. I used to be happy in my flat, but I moved to another town. Now the flat is vacant and waits for me once a month when I go for a weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment