18 July 2007

Goodbye : Hello

This is it. A week has been spent in my new apartment. Well, “apartment” is a flattering word for such a miniature living place. I still share it with my sister and her things (thankfully, her husband is now for training in Ukraine) until mid-August. There is a box over another box, piles of books and clothes you hardly find a space to put your feet. But still, no one sends you a message “we are in Riga now”, “please stay at your sister’s or else tonight”, and I no more have to shiver when THE family (surely not my own family, but the family of my friend) comes and messes up my usual schedule.

True, I have to take a bus to get from place A to place B, which is painful for a person used to walk the whole life, and not accustomed to the bad transportation system in Riga. It’s a headache to be on a bus or tram during rush hours. But people get used to everything; and I shouldn’t be an exception.

I am trying to get used to no-more-internet-at-home as well. I will have to buy many things: a new laptop (I’m in love with Apple!), a fridge, and even a bed. Some time sooner or later there will be Internet at home, too, otherwise, I am afraid you, guys, will forget me totally, for I bet you are not going to send me letters and call me on my cell phone…
Packing things has been my “favorite” activity lately. Tomorrow is my last day at the Customs. A funny feeling. Interesting people met, some of them are good friends now. But each “goodbye” has some sadness in it. Personally, I prefer “hello” over “goodbye”.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everything is as good as it gets!