
They say new things should be started on Mondays, beginning of a new month, new year...but personally I tend to think it's just an easier way of organising one's schedule - you'd usually start to count from 1 and not 4, wouldn't you? Anyway, today (Monday, 05.03.2007) I started a couple of new things.
I had never explored it earlier (though I should have) how application for the USA green card works. For a couple of times I had noticed an ad of www.usa1234.com on MTV (I guess) and only today I put the address for search. I was quick to fill in registration form to apply for the lottery when I stuck at payment request. And good that I did stuck. I was so amazed by the idea of possible working and living in the US that I almost pull out my visa card and started to put the required data when an idea stroke me to have a look at some other pages, the US embassy page in LV, for instance. Sometimes being doubtful pays back. Of course, there is no fee for application, just there is an option to use an agency which helps you (I wonder in what way... obviously in losing your money). So this was the good thing I found out, but the regret was that I had missed the application term for 2008, which was last October-December. Haaa, but at that time my mind was far away from the USA, being preoccupied with thesis, travels and Thailand visa. What now? Definately, I am not going to sit hands nicely put in my lap until the next application is open. I find another activity.
Even if you know me a little you would anyway know my passion for salsa. It's just something impossible to hide. Last December my dancing suddenly stopped. Travels and thesis stole all the free time ... It's now March, three months have passed without any dancing, I mean, salsa dancing (and I don't dance anything but salsa anyway). (See, when I had the unique opportunity to attend a salsa club in LA, I was objurgated to stay calm and not attend one (because I was being sick), and when I once was happy to dance salsa steps to whatever latino rhythms, I was being warned not to overdo. Not fair! Just don't understand one thing: would anyone really interpret my dancing as invitation to some dirty fun game?)
Anyway! The fact is - this Monday started with a good salsa class, incorporating also cha-cha moves, it started also with the registration to Riga Salsa Festival and many cute salsa events throughout the spring and summer. So if you see a girl spinning around with wide smile on her lips, be sure it's me (and sorry for jumping on your feet, you know, the speed is almost impossible to control).
Well, I've started some other promissing things this week, but I'd better not bother you with the stuff this time. Must practice the cha-cha left turn now...
I had never explored it earlier (though I should have) how application for the USA green card works. For a couple of times I had noticed an ad of www.usa1234.com on MTV (I guess) and only today I put the address for search. I was quick to fill in registration form to apply for the lottery when I stuck at payment request. And good that I did stuck. I was so amazed by the idea of possible working and living in the US that I almost pull out my visa card and started to put the required data when an idea stroke me to have a look at some other pages, the US embassy page in LV, for instance. Sometimes being doubtful pays back. Of course, there is no fee for application, just there is an option to use an agency which helps you (I wonder in what way... obviously in losing your money). So this was the good thing I found out, but the regret was that I had missed the application term for 2008, which was last October-December. Haaa, but at that time my mind was far away from the USA, being preoccupied with thesis, travels and Thailand visa. What now? Definately, I am not going to sit hands nicely put in my lap until the next application is open. I find another activity.
Even if you know me a little you would anyway know my passion for salsa. It's just something impossible to hide. Last December my dancing suddenly stopped. Travels and thesis stole all the free time ... It's now March, three months have passed without any dancing, I mean, salsa dancing (and I don't dance anything but salsa anyway). (See, when I had the unique opportunity to attend a salsa club in LA, I was objurgated to stay calm and not attend one (because I was being sick), and when I once was happy to dance salsa steps to whatever latino rhythms, I was being warned not to overdo. Not fair! Just don't understand one thing: would anyone really interpret my dancing as invitation to some dirty fun game?)
Anyway! The fact is - this Monday started with a good salsa class, incorporating also cha-cha moves, it started also with the registration to Riga Salsa Festival and many cute salsa events throughout the spring and summer. So if you see a girl spinning around with wide smile on her lips, be sure it's me (and sorry for jumping on your feet, you know, the speed is almost impossible to control).
Well, I've started some other promissing things this week, but I'd better not bother you with the stuff this time. Must practice the cha-cha left turn now...
2 comments:
If it's not too selfish... it's nice to hear I won't be losing you to the USA just yet.
And I like the new layout. It's very 'springlike', which must be a good thing...
:-)
Hey, Paul! Nice hearing from you :)
Ah, yes, I do try to create spring around despite the view outside the window.
And you wouldn't lose me anyway; the world is just too small..
Post a Comment