20 March 2007

travel statement


While producing the income statement for 2006, more pleasant figures stroke my mind. I started to count places that had been visited last year. If I am friends with maths the number is eight. Eight countries, some of them hosting me twice or more, where Belgium stands at the top of the most frequent flight destinations.

Easter time last year was spent in London. Showing off its royal parks and gardens, all blooming in full speed and complete spectrum of colours, offering crazy night life etc., London is a place to be. Although this royal city was indeed fun and fascinating, I missed the coloured eggs, home-made pies and other Easter stuff, which eventually made me to make a promise that next Easter should be spent together with my family or people who share the same feelings and habits. Well, this year it's simple. The whole family comes together for dad's big birthday.

After London came Lithuania. One should not go far and search for white dunes and stunning coast lines. It's the same Baltic sea I can enjoy in Latvia, but why not explore it a bit further in Lithuania? Incredible peace and harmony. Get there whenever your colleagues are getting on your nerves.

Looking for some romance? Jump into the train Brussels – Bruges. This town would kill with its charm and seduce you into daydreaming or sensual activities along its cute channels, sounds of street musicians, and smells of sweet waffles. Yeaah.


Hitchhiking and feeling like a little dwarf crawling up and down the town's mountains and valleys? Then your ways have stopped at Luxembourg. Don’t forget to taste local wines. I had couple of them in train on the way to Brussels. Why not?!

Maybe it was a mistake to go to salsa festival in Tallinn for I wouldn't recommend it as a welcoming place with affable inhabitants and warmish autumn breezes, but it would definitely stand out for beautiful architecture and delicious cakes. And what’s the difference where you dance this hot dance anyway?

I’m dreaming of white Christmas… and dreaming of seeing reindeers. It was early December I saw reindeers and Polar Nordic lights. Sparkling Lapland, I am coming some time again!


If London stole my Easter, think of what did Phuket! This greedy place enjoyed my presence for Christmas, my birthday, New Year’s Eve and the beginning of 2007!! Thanks God, enjoyment was mutual.




No comments: