Doesn't matter whether we have an economic crisis here or the best years in a country's history, the attitude of the people in the service sector never changes.
I had just returned from a brief travel in Sweden, Denmark and Estonia, when my room-mate sent me the invitation to attend her name's day party at a Belgian pub. Entering the pub and making my order, it didn't take long to realise I am back in my home country. Full spectrum of abrupt replies, dull looks, impolite language as if I and other Friday fun/rest seekers had prematurely called these waitresses back from their vacation in the Caribbean. Unfortunately this is not the first time or an extraordinary case, but the system in general. It is like clients didn't have any rights, just responsibilities. Responsibility to know all the written and unwritten laws and procedures. Not going much into details, and despite my forgiving nature and optimism my Friday-night-out was shorter than I had wanted to and planned. Such a fast emotional return home...
2 comments:
Strangely it's one of the things I used to notice in Sweden - a lack of service-mindedness in the bars and restaurants. Either it's got a lot better here, or I've stopped noticing...
..but even waiters have bad days and get irritable, stressed or disinterested. Don't take it to heart :-)
they can't have bad days EVERY DAY, after all it's their job!
the worst is that it's not the trend only in bars and restaurants (which I avoid anyway), it's in the spheres and companies I have to deal with every day - from printing services to bus drivers.
Post a Comment